cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The application closes automatically after test is completed by Testcomplete

Occasional Contributor

The application closes automatically after test is completed by Testcomplete

I am automating VB6 application, and once the test completes successfully, the application closes itself. I want the application to stay open for next test.

15 REPLIES 15
Staff

Re: The application closes automatically after test is completed by Testcomplete

Can you provide a snippet of the test you are running and whether there is a step at the end which closes the application. Is this one of the first test you are creating with TestComplete?

Community Hero

Re: The application closes automatically after test is completed by Testcomplete

I agree with @DWalsh .  TestComplete does not have any settings or anything to automatically close the application under test. This is something that needs to be explicitly called within the test itself or as an event handler.  If you can share your code or a screenshot of your KWT, we can perhaps help further.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
Occasional Contributor

Yes, this is my first test. And I am opening the app manually.

Line 9 opens the new window(say Window B) in the app and closes the first window(window A). (This is working fine)

Line 17 should close the Window B and return back to Window A, but it closes Window B and does not go back to Window A.

In Task Manager, I can see the process running for the app but there is no window present in UI.

Please let me know if any more info is required and thanks in advance for help.

Community Hero

If you're expecting Window A to be back  with the application present in Task Manager, that doesn't sound like a problem with the automation but a bug in the application under test.

I'm assuming that if you try it manually, it also doesn't work right?  I would say, at this point, generate a bug report back to your developers and see what they have to say.  By definition, if you're expecting a behavior and that behavior doesn't happen, then it's a bug.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.

Extensions available
Occasional Contributor

It works fine manually. Also works fine with Winium driver automation.

Somehow doesn't work with Testcomplete :-(

Staff

In TestComplete on the top right corner there is a "Chat" option. Please add the details you mentioned and we can get one of our engineers on a call with you

Occasional Contributor

i do not have that option. Can I use Help->Contact Support Team instead?

Staff

sure please use that if the other is not an option

Community Hero

Is code the result of a recording or did you manually create it?  What happens if you record your steps and then replay?

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
----

Extensions available
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Watch the New Interview
APITestingMistake#2