Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testcomplete runs slow

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Testcomplete runs slow

I am testing c# windows application of .NET Version 4 using the scripts written in TestComplete 8.7. It was working fine. But for the past 2 days I am not able to run even a simple test case which call the c# .Net Ver 4 application. 

I think the component from TestComplete that talks to .Net is crashed or corrupt. So what happens when I run a test case it launches my tested application  and launches the requried screen and enters data. But it is very very slow. Earlier it use to happen very fast. So after investigating I found that my windows "Application Error" has hundreds of log being create from test complete. So this is what is slowing my test run.

Log Name:      Application

Source:        TestComplete

Date:          3/4/2014 2:45:57 PM

Event ID:      0

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      PC06.rssls.com

Description:

The description for Event ID 0 from source TestComplete cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

An error has occurred in the .NET Open Application "C:\Project\1.7.64.0\RAL.EnterpriseClient.exe". Error identifier: LC-427. Additional information: hr = 0x8000211d; source: mscorlib; message: System.Reflection.AmbiguousMatchException: Ambiguous match found.

at System.RuntimeType.GetMethodImpl(String name, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, CallingConventions callConv, Type[] types, ParameterModifier[] modifiers)

at System.Type.GetMethod(String name, BindingFlags bindingAttr).

Event Xml:

<System>

<Provider Name="TestComplete" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-03-04T09:15:57.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>289041</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>PC06.rssls.com</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>An error has occurred in the .NET Open Application "C:\Project\1.7.64.0\RAL.EnterpriseClient.exe". Error identifier: LC-427. Additional information: hr = 0x8000211d; source: mscorlib; message: System.Reflection.AmbiguousMatchException: Ambiguous match found.

at System.RuntimeType.GetMethodImpl(String name, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, CallingConventions callConv, Type[] types, ParameterModifier[] modifiers)

at System.Type.GetMethod(String name, BindingFlags bindingAttr).</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

I ran my test run for around 3 to 4 minutes and found hundreds of logs like the above getting created.

So now I am not able to run my regression testing in my machine and cant use testcomplte.

What Do I do?  Any suggestions are welcome.

Automation Manager
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Rafiq,

When uninstalling TestComplete, you will be asked whether you want to deactivate the product license from the computer. If you answer No, the license will stay on the machine, and you can use it after installing TestComplete.

As for the maintenance subscription, when submitting a support case there should be an option to miss the message you get on the Contact Support form and submit the case. This will affect only the priority of the case. You will get a reply from the Support Team.

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Learn SmartBear products in a fun and easy way and prove your knowledge!
>>Participate in the TechCorner Challenge today
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Tanya,

I had un-installed TestComplete without deactivating the licence. Then rebooted and ran theTestcomplete installation. 

TestComplete opens the project and scripts. 

But still the same problem of logs being generated persists?

what is corrupt then.

Or shall I format my machine and install all the softwares. In that case I will uninstall testcomplete 8.5 without deactivating the licence. then format and install the TestComplete again. Will it work? or will it prompt me to activate the licence again.

Thanks.

Automation Manager
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Simmon,

You were right. I had some installed .NET 4.5 which was the causing this problem. I had un-installed VS 2010 (.net 4.0) and .NET 4.5. and then re-installed VS 2010 with .NET 4.0. 

TestComplete 8.5 works fine now.

Thanks for your help. 🙂

Automation Manager
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi Rafiq,

Thank you for sharing the problem's resolution 🙂

Sincerely
Simon Glet
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Join TechCorner Challenge!
Want a fun and easy way to learn TestComplete? Try solving weekly TechCorner challenges and get into the Leaderboard!

Challenge Status

Get properties of a web page element

See replies!

Compare images using the Region Checkpoint

See replies!

Compare HTML table with Excel file and correct data in Excel file

Participate!

How to execute remote test and obtain results via Test Runner REST API

Participate!
Top Kudoed Authors