Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testcomplete runs slow

SOLVED
Highlighted
Community Manager

RE: Testcomplete runs slow

Hi Rafiq,

When uninstalling TestComplete, you will be asked whether you want to deactivate the product license from the computer. If you answer No, the license will stay on the machine, and you can use it after installing TestComplete.

As for the maintenance subscription, when submitting a support case there should be an option to miss the message you get on the Contact Support form and submit the case. This will affect only the priority of the case. You will get a reply from the Support Team.

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Tanya,

I had un-installed TestComplete without deactivating the licence. Then rebooted and ran theTestcomplete installation. 

TestComplete opens the project and scripts. 

But still the same problem of logs being generated persists?

what is corrupt then.

Or shall I format my machine and install all the softwares. In that case I will uninstall testcomplete 8.5 without deactivating the licence. then format and install the TestComplete again. Will it work? or will it prompt me to activate the licence again.

Thanks.

Automation Manager
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Simmon,

You were right. I had some installed .NET 4.5 which was the causing this problem. I had un-installed VS 2010 (.net 4.0) and .NET 4.5. and then re-installed VS 2010 with .NET 4.0. 

TestComplete 8.5 works fine now.

Thanks for your help. 🙂

Automation Manager
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi Rafiq,

Thank you for sharing the problem's resolution 🙂

Sincerely
Simon Glet
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video: