Forum Discussion

rafiqque
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

Testcomplete runs slow

I am testing c# windows application of .NET Version 4 using the scripts written in TestComplete 8.7. It was working fine. But for the past 2 days I am not able to run even a simple test case which call the c# .Net Ver 4 application. 

I think the component from TestComplete that talks to .Net is crashed or corrupt. So what happens when I run a test case it launches my tested application  and launches the requried screen and enters data. But it is very very slow. Earlier it use to happen very fast. So after investigating I found that my windows "Application Error" has hundreds of log being create from test complete. So this is what is slowing my test run.

Log Name:      Application

Source:        TestComplete

Date:          3/4/2014 2:45:57 PM

Event ID:      0

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      PC06.rssls.com

Description:

The description for Event ID 0 from source TestComplete cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

An error has occurred in the .NET Open Application "C:\Project\1.7.64.0\RAL.EnterpriseClient.exe". Error identifier: LC-427. Additional information: hr = 0x8000211d; source: mscorlib; message: System.Reflection.AmbiguousMatchException: Ambiguous match found.

at System.RuntimeType.GetMethodImpl(String name, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, CallingConventions callConv, Type[] types, ParameterModifier[] modifiers)

at System.Type.GetMethod(String name, BindingFlags bindingAttr).

Event Xml:

<System>

<Provider Name="TestComplete" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-03-04T09:15:57.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>289041</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>PC06.rssls.com</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>An error has occurred in the .NET Open Application "C:\Project\1.7.64.0\RAL.EnterpriseClient.exe". Error identifier: LC-427. Additional information: hr = 0x8000211d; source: mscorlib; message: System.Reflection.AmbiguousMatchException: Ambiguous match found.

at System.RuntimeType.GetMethodImpl(String name, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, CallingConventions callConv, Type[] types, ParameterModifier[] modifiers)

at System.Type.GetMethod(String name, BindingFlags bindingAttr).</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

I ran my test run for around 3 to 4 minutes and found hundreds of logs like the above getting created.

So now I am not able to run my regression testing in my machine and cant use testcomplte.

What Do I do?  Any suggestions are welcome.

• Hi Rafiq,

We have had the "Ambiguous match found" on Name Mapping issues on a new version of the application to test because of a GUI reorganisation. It might not be visible but the developers may have had to reorganize the GUI element tree which impacts seriously TC.

So if this is a new version of the .net application, you are in for a serious Name Mapping debugging session.

Sincerely

13 Replies