Forum Discussion

maxtester
Contributor
7 years ago

Testcomplete needs very long to stop test after degugging

Hi all,

I have aproblem with testsuite after stopping the debug mode.

When I open my testsuite, start the excution and stop it after a while it takes a few seconds to stop the execution.When I restart and click "stop" after a while it takes much longer to end the execution. After the fifth attempt it takes more than 2 Minutes untill the execution stops.

I tried it on 15 mahines but the problem ocuurs everywhere.

Testcomplet version: 12.10

Projectsuite has 7 Projects with around 1100 scriptunits.

Any idea? 

6 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Without knowing more about the nature of the test you're running, I cannot necessarily say what the problem is.  I know that in 12.4x and 12.5, in my experience starting and stopping test cases, I don't have this issue.

I do know that later versions of TestComplete (greater than 12.10) have some improvements in performance and execution.  Have you tried upgrading to a more recent version?  If you have a maintenance subscription, the upgrade is free.

• The problem is, that the upgrade is not too easy to the newer TC- version. A lot of functions that I user (for example VB-Arraya) are not supported. I need to invest a lot of time to migrate to newer version

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

Then my rough guess is this.  When you run the tests, you're probably creating objects/instantiating objects, that are still memory resident at the end of the test.  So, when you start again, you already have memory consumed....  If you close test complete and restart it between runs, does the performance improve again?  If so, then most likely that's what's going on.

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Are your log files really large?  It can take TC a while to finish up the log if it's a very long one.

• When I restart TC it is much faster. But the problem occurs.

My log files are not too big. If I delete them after each run it doesnt't help too

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

maxtester wrote:

When I restart TC it is much faster. But the problem occurs.

My log files are not too big. If I delete them after each run it doesnt't help too

It sounds to me, then, that there is some memory being consumed by TestComplete that is not being released at the end of your test run.  I would start going through your code and, whereever necessary, de-allocate memory for objects, close database/file connections, etc.