Forum Discussion

swapnildaphal
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

Testcomplete hangs while using function SendMAPIMail()

I am working with Testcomplete 6.5 enterprise edition ,have problem in following code snippet

function SendEmail()

{

if (BuiltIn.SendMAPIMail("Swapnil Daphal", "swapnildaphal@gmail.com ", "Testcomplete started !!", "Hello,Swapnil has started the Testcomplete."))

SendEmail(){ (.SendMAPIMail("Swapnil Daphal", "swapnildaphal@gmail.com ", "Testcomplete started !!", "Hello,Swapnil has started the Testcomplete."))

Log.Message("Mail was sent");

else

Log.Warning("Mail was not sent");

}

after calling this function testcomplete hangs.

Are there any specific settings(server related) in Testcomplete or in Outlook  needed for using this method ?

2 Replies

swapnildaphal
    Occasional Contributor
    One more question.

I want to execute some script as soon as testcomplete starts(whenever i open it using double clk/single clk) .

Is there any facility in Testcomplete which will allow me to run the script on startup?
  • Hi Swapnil,

>>>

Is there any facility in Testcomplete which will allow me to run the script on startup?

<<<

Just change the command line invoked by the link and add the needed parameters. Please see the "TestComplete Command Line" help topic ( http://www.automatedqa.com/support/viewarticle.aspx?aid=3259 ) for more information on the supported parameters.

>>>

after calling this function testcomplete hangs.

<<<

1. Download the Debugging Tools for Windows package from:

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/installx86.mspx

and install it.

2. When TestComplete hangs, open the "Start | Run..." dialog and execute the following command:

"C:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows\windbg.exe" -pn TestComplete.exe -Q -pd -c ".dump /m C:\Dump1.dmp;q"

This command will make WinDbg write a memory dump of the TestComplete.exe process to the "C:\Dump1.dmp" dump file. After the dump is written, WinDbg will be closed.

3. Correct the dump file name in the above command line (for example, change it to Dump2.dmp), wait for two minutes and execute the command again.

4. Repeat step 3.

5. Send us all of the generated dump files.