Forum Discussion

sandy009
New Contributor
9 years ago

Testcomplete 11 unable to identify elements of web page in chrome 43.

Hello,

I have installed trial version of Testcomplete 11 to test our web product. It worked on FF and IE browser but on chrome browser its unable to identify the elements of web page instead it selects the whole page. I also installed the patches for chrome 43 version still issue exists, please help.

Thanks,

Sandeep 

6 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi sandy009,

There is no need to install any patches for TestComplete 11 to work with Chrome 43. So, it’s better if you restore the original libraries.

As for the issue, you need to make sure that the Chrome Support plugin is installed and enabled in File | Extensions…

sandy009
    New Contributor

Hi Tanya,

I'm confirming that Test complete plugin is installed in Chrome and enabled and i have rolled back to original changes in Test complete 11 folder but still i'm seeing the issue. I also updated my chrome to chrome 44 but still Tool is not able to identify the elemrnts of web page in chrome 44. And its not web app specific, it happens on all the web page. For ex. Google.com. I'm seeing a error message on Chrome saying "This site uses a plugin (Smart test complete 11) that will soon be unsupported". Please see attachments.

Thanks,

Sandeep

• Also I installed a trial version of TestComplete 11 and I'm having the same problem.

TanyaYatskovska
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Guys,

TestComplete 11 works fine with Chrome 44 installed on my machine. Please do the following:

1. Reboot the computer (or restart TestComplete and Chrome, at least)
      2. Launch Chrome and TestComplete
      3. Make sure that TestComplete’s Web module is installed and activated (from TestCompletes’s File | Install Extensions main menu)
      4. Make sure that the SmartBear TestComplete Extension v.11 is enabled in Chrome’s Extensions.

Let me know your results.

sandy009
        New Contributor

Hello,

I'm following up for the issue i logged. FYI-I have followed the instructions required to prepare Chrome browser for web testing, still TestComplete11 isn't recognizing the elements of web page. Any quick solution would be greatly appriciated. There is a urgent business requirement for our web application. I'm okay to have a quick call with any of your Developer or support ENGG. Please let me know ASAP. Thanks!!

Regards,

Sandeep