Forum Discussion

synchi64
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

TestExecute: "Unable to create a project item of the 'Tested Applications' type"

Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post this here, but since I couldn't find the TestExecute forum I posted this here.

I have created a TestComplete project, working perfectly fine, tried to run it with TestExecute and the message in the title of the subject apears, stating that a file is missing ( 'TestedApps.tcAPs' ) however the path is wrong, is there a way to change the path to witch TestExecute fetches the files from?

sincerely,

synchi64

• synchi64 :

Hi,

As it is stated in the error message, you just missed the TestedApps.tcTAs file that is part of TestComplete's project when you (probably) copied the project to another machine to be executed with TestExecute.

5 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

synchi64 :

Hi,

As it is stated in the error message, you just missed the TestedApps.tcTAs file that is part of TestComplete's project when you (probably) copied the project to another machine to be executed with TestExecute.

• are you testing a desktop application here? or is there something that is using the testedapplication test items within your project runs? 

if so: on the remote machine where you have testexecute, is the reference to the file location still valid for the testedapp (.exe) under test?

synchi64
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Justin,

I am in fact testing a desktop app and in TestComplete I use the command "TestedApps.NameOfApp.Run()"

the app.exe is totaly valid where I'm using TestExecute, the reference to the file in the "TestedApps.tcTAs" is correct, however the path in the error window is incorrect and fetching a file that doesn't exist

thanks for the help,

Synchi64