Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestExecute overlay at startup

SOLVED
Highlighted
Super Contributor

TestExecute overlay at startup

Hi,

Sometimes the tests of one machine that I have fail.

I noticed that at theses moments I have the TE overlay (see attached picture please).

Is there something to do to avoid this ? Any thing to set up ?

Thank you,

Mehdi

TEoverlay.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Hero

Re: TestExecute overlay at startup

There's nothing setting wise in TestComplete or TestExecute to set up on that.  That's a popup that's generated by the OS.  A variety of applications that place an icon in the SysTray do the same thing.

I believe if you go, in windows 10 and windows 2016, to Settings -> System -> Notifications, you can turn off notifications for applications... I believe it's the first option there.  Try turning that off and see if that corrects your problem.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Hero

There's nothing setting wise in TestComplete or TestExecute to set up on that.  That's a popup that's generated by the OS.  A variety of applications that place an icon in the SysTray do the same thing.

I believe if you go, in windows 10 and windows 2016, to Settings -> System -> Notifications, you can turn off notifications for applications... I believe it's the first option there.  Try turning that off and see if that corrects your problem.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available

View solution in original post

Super Contributor

Hi Robert,

I set up my machines as you suggested... Thank you, I will let theses machines run for a few days before marking this as a clue.

Super Contributor

It seems to have corrected the issue thank you !