Forum Discussion

ahmed_galal_1
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

TestExecute Exist Code = 255

Hello All,

While i was running TestExecute to execute a group of ATCs i found that it is failed and gave an Exit Code = 255. I tried to understand what does it mean from this page

http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/54696/ But unfortunately i was not able to find it.

Can you please help me in understanding this exit code reason.

Thanks

• Hi Ahmed,

This code is related to some license issues - TestExecute is unable to obtain the license for some reason. Are you running TestExecute in silent mode? In this case, look into the Silent.log file in the C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\SmartBear\TestComplete\10.0 or C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\SmartBear\TestExecute\10.0 folder to get more information on the possible reasons of the license check failure. 

2 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Ahmed,

This code is related to some license issues - TestExecute is unable to obtain the license for some reason. Are you running TestExecute in silent mode? In this case, look into the Silent.log file in the C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\SmartBear\TestComplete\10.0 or C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\SmartBear\TestExecute\10.0 folder to get more information on the possible reasons of the license check failure. 

ahmed_galal_1
    Occasional Contributor
    Hello Tanya,

Thanks for replying back to my post. You are correct, TestExecution failed to run as the VM date was in the future where we dont have liscence for TE. We changed the and everything went fine :)

Thanks