Forum Discussion

Soumya
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago

TestComplete fails with error message "ÄbstractTreeView_InternalJTree" does not exist

Hi,

I have a Java swing application which I am trying to automate using TestComplete.

I have a search functionality which I have selected for automating. I have recorded the action for the same.

But when I run that, only 1st time it passed, sometimes it worked well except for the "Verify".

And most of the time it failed with error message "ÄbstractTreeView_InternalJTree" does not exist.

Why do I get this error? Why do the test doesn't fail all the time?

There is not change in the enivironment and this is happening with not much timegaps.

Attached snapshots for the same.

I am using the trial version to check how does it suit my application to buy the license

5 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

It is difficult to say something definite without knowing what you do with your tested application and how it behaves, but here are the generic considerations:

-- 'The object "ValueTable" does not exist' error message means exactly what it says. Most probably, you worked with this object before in the test and the object was destroyed (and, maybe, recreated) after some action. If this is the case, then you must search for and get this object again before you will be able to use it in test code.

-- Test code may be executed too fast while your tested application may need some time to create this or that tested object (for example, to get some data from the database). While TestComplete has Tools|Current Project Options|Playback>Runtime>Auto-wait Timeout option, sometimes you must explicitly wait for the object using one of the .WaitXXX() methods provided by TestComplete;

-- Note that there was a warning before the ''The object "AbstractTreeView_InternalJTree" does not exist' error in the log. This warning means that there were some problems while searching for the target object and it is a good idea to resolve those problems. As the message says, check the Additional Information log pane for more details as for what problem and for what object has occurred.

-- https://support.smartbear.com/screencasts/testcomplete/reliable-tests-for-dynamic-objects/ webinar recording from the https://support.smartbear.com/screencasts/testcomplete/ page might appear to be useful.

Soumya
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks.

This helps. 1 thing is that, just to make sure there is no change, i am opening the app freshly everytime.

I will try with wait option

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

Soumya wrote:

Thanks.

This helps. 1 thing is that, just to make sure there is no change, i am opening the app freshly everytime.

I will try with wait option

Are you also closing the app every time?  If you aren't, then TestComplete may still be looking at a previous copy of the app and therefore not be on the objects that you expect.  

shankar_r
    Community Hero

Can you post screenshot of the Object properties?

Your screen shots gives us no clue.