mgroen2
Super Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

TestComplete and LoadComplete integration

Hi,
I followed the steps described here:
https://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/78749/

However, when followed steps, I get an error: Communication Error.

See attached video for illustration.

Do other have similar issues? Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,
Mathijs

4 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Double check your firewall settings with regards to LoadComplete.  My guess is that the port that LoadComplete uses for it's transponder for recording traffic is getting blocked.

Have you attempted just a quick recording of a load test in LoadComplete to make sure that you can do so outside of the integration?  That would be my first step in debugging.  

mgroen2
      Super Contributor

tristaanogre wrote:

Double check your firewall settings with regards to LoadComplete.  My guess is that the port that LoadComplete uses for it's transponder for recording traffic is getting blocked.

Have you attempted just a quick recording of a load test in LoadComplete to make sure that you can do so outside of the integration?  That would be my first step in debugging.  

Hi tristaanogre,

I double checked firewall settings, they were enabled.

I recorded a simple load test in LoadComplete, it worked.

Still getting the same error message.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

In LoadComplete (it's been a few years since I've used the tool extensively), what is the port being used by the transponder? It's possible, I think, that TestComplete may be having a conflict as TestComplete uses a TCP/IP port for Network Suite communications.  If there's a port conflict, that could be the problem.

In my TC installation, TC is using ports 6090, 6091, and 6092.  LoadComplete, by default, uses 8889.

There are other services and such involved in the integration process. If certain services aren't running, things could not work well. I'm also wondering about version compatibility.  The documentation in TC says you must have LoadComplete version 3.20 or later and you must have the Web Module in TestComplete.  Also, there's some notation that, in order for TestComplete and LoadComplete to work together, they must both be executed with the same privilege level.  Another note indicates that if your NameMapping in your project doesn't actually include a "browser" object, then the integration won't work either.  There doesn't appear to be any specific documentation on "Connection Error" but these are the next things to check.

Something else to try is to run LoadComplete manually before hitting the button to create a Load Test.  It could be possible that there's a problem with starting the LoadComplete application due to some environment factor.  Again, in this situation, make sure that TestComplete and LoadComplete are both operating with the same privilege level. That could be something else to check... see if running them both "As Administrator" clears up the problem.

If you still can't get anywhere, then it's probably something beyond my current level of experience.  See if someone from SmartBear can help with a support ticket.