I have Workday application and need to click on Link which is available in Sub Menu which is only displayed when the Mouse Hover over the parent Menu item. Keyword Test recording is not idetifying this Sub Menu link. How can we use Keyword test recording to identify this link and take required action.
Please help as need to train myself and other users in my organization.
There is a MouseHover command that simulates the hover... I assume you're using this? This is the first step, simulating the hover.
So, if you are doing this, can you give us more information? It would be helpful to see screenshots of
1) The Keyword test code being executed
2) The TestComplete error log entry, including the Additional Info tab
3) The NameMapping hierarchy and object identification for botht he parent menu and the sub menu link
4) The Object Browser properties views for the parent menu and sub menu link.
Get us this information, and we can help you further.
One thing of note: Record/Playback is great for getting started writing a test, but the majority of the time, after you do the recording, you will need to go back and edit various portions to make it work smoothly. Two things, especially, that would need to be adjusted:
1) Timing. You hover and there is a bit of time before the sub menu appears. TestComplete (as most tools) will attempt to execute test steps as QUICKLY as possible and doesn't know to wait unless you tell it to. There are many articles in the TestComplete documentation that walks through this.
2) Dynamic Objects: The properties that are used for identifying objects in an application sometimes contain dynamic data that changes from execution to execution. When recording, the values recorded are what are done at that moment so they may need to be updated/altered to handle the dynamic nature. Things like wildcards, conditional mapping, and selecting different property/value pairs are the ways to handle this. Review documentation available on managing mapped objects.
OK, the error is helpful. Basically, what it means is that you have a component mapped in such a way that it is finding more than one matching object. This means you need to rework the mapping of the child object to better identify the object that you actually want to work with. It comes down to point 2 in my initial response. Please take the time to update and correct your mapping to be more robust. There are screencast videos available from SmartBear and excellent online documentation on it.
I tried to update the Object ( Link - Transfer,Promote or Change Job) from Mapping editor, but it is still recognized as a text located much lower then the required link. Required link - Transfer,Promote or Change job is only displayed when mouse hover on Job change link.
How can I achive the mouseclick on correct object.