Forum Discussion

vatbub
Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

TestComplete Pro licensing question

Hi,

I just attended the webinar concerning the new TestComplete Pro bundle and still have a question. As we are not yet sure if we should go for the bundle, we wanted to ask how long the old licensing model will still be supported.

Regards,

vatbub

• The TestComplete Pro Bundle is an addition to (not a replacement) our existing licensing model.  While many customers have asked us for a bundle package, we will continue to offer TestComplete licensing by the individual module. There is no change planned at this time

5 Replies

baxatob
    Community Hero

Please another one question from me.

Say, I launch one Pro instance of TestComplete using only WEB module.

Also I have an "old" floating license for Platform+Desktop.

Can I run Platform+MOBILE ? What is the behavior of not-in-use Pro modules? Are they share over the network?

vatbub
      Contributor

Heyho,

anyone from SmartBear reading this?

Greetings,

vatbub

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

DanaRogo and TanyaYatskovska do try to keep track of things but sometimes things like this get lost.

However, these are generally sales questions and, if I understand the way things work (I'm no SmartBear employee so this is just from observation), these queries can get a pretty rapid response from sales@smartbear.com.

AlexKaras
      Champion Level 3

Hi,

It is my understanding (based on https://smartbear.com/product/testcomplete/pricing/) that Pro bundle is a kind of 'volume discounted' :) option when you pay for Platform, Desktop and Web modules and for TestExecute and get Mobile module for free (as per prices from the referenced link). Thus, I am assuming that the obtained licenses will be a regular ones, exactly like those obtained as if a regular module-by-module purchase is done. If this my assumption is correct, then, assuming a floating user license was purchased, it should be possible to use any module from any computer in the network as long as the available license for the module exists on the company's license server.

Obviously, in case of the node-locked license, modules can be used only from the computer where they were registered.

Loud: Could you please confirm or correct the above?

Loud
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

The TestComplete Pro Bundle is an addition to (not a replacement) our existing licensing model.  While many customers have asked us for a bundle package, we will continue to offer TestComplete licensing by the individual module. There is no change planned at this time