Forum Discussion

Southpaw
Contributor
5 years ago

TestComplete - Network Suite - Host Verification Failure

Hello  - 

As I am trying to find a solution to this issue myself I thought I would branch out and try to tap the infinite pool of knowledge the people in this community have. 

Problem is I cannot get a networked host machine to get verified successfully when I click Verify on the Host tab in my Network Suite of my Master Project . See screenshot attached for error returned. 

Supporting info, e.g., setup: the Host machine is in our network and I can connect to it via RDP with no issues. Please see image for specific details Ive setup in TC. 

Any help is appreciated. 

17 Replies

• Hi there,

I am using distributed testing via the NetworkSuite a lot and know the pain with it.

First you should read the Article about the Requirements for distributed Testing.
    You have to follow those steps to get your client up and running propperly.

You can find it here.

It sounds like you did not configure your machine to allow unsecure RDP connections.

Than the Ports that are documented are wrong.

After Patching TC to Version 14 they changed the default Ports.

They are now TCP 6095,6096,6097

If you are not sure about the Ports you can look them up in Tools -> Options... -> Engines -> Network Suite.

I would first try to get RDP Connections running and make sure you can ping and connect to your Client from your Host.

Than You need to configure the Firewall with the mentioned Ports.

Cheers,

Constantin

Southpaw
      Contributor

ConstantinNeoz  Thanks much for the detailed reply. I appreciate it. Im still going through the setup. But in the meantime, regarding the TCP Ports (default as shown in Tools>Options>Engines>Network Suite for the lates version of TC, mine still show the 6090 (editable), 6091,6092 (both static). Are the new default ports your reply mentions supposed to be the ports displayed in the UI?

Thanks,

Chris

Fimbultyr
        Contributor

Hi Chris,

Yes the new Ports would be shown in the NetworkSuite Options as well.

Just use the Ports shown in the NetworkSuite and you will be fine.

I guess you have an older Version of TestComplete, just keep in mind that those could change after an update.

Keep us updated if it works out for you. 

Cheers,

Constantin

LinoTadros
    Community Hero

Please make sure ports 6090 and 6092 are open on Master and Slave in the firewalls

Also make sure TestComplete or TestExecute (whichever you chose to use) is working correctly on the slave machine before starting the distributed test

Good luck

-Lino

Southpaw
      Contributor

Ive followed the setup for the firewalls - inbound and outbound rules. Ive tried those specific ports for both local and remote ports, and then All Ports for both. I get the same result. 

Thanks for your reply. Is there anything else I can check?

LinoTadros
        Community Hero

I will recommend 2 more things and hope it will help you

1- Try using the IP address instead of the machine name and see if that solves the problem

2- Make sure the version of TestComplete and/or TextExecute are IDENTICAL between the master and the slave.

Cheers

Lino