Forum Discussion

wsherwin
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

TestComplete Loses Window

I recorded a script in TestComplete after TC was unable to access a particular text field and I was unable to get it to capture the field such that it was editable.  At first, this script failed because TC could not activate and enter data into the field in question; however, now, the script fails because it cannot find the application window - after it starts the application itself!  I am able to click on and type in the first screen while TC cannot find it; therefore, I am puzzled.

3 Replies

wsherwin
    Occasional Contributor
    The other day, I ran a script that also called the same application, TestedApp1, and it started the Application and was able to interact with it.  Nothing has changed about the Application; however, now, my script can't find the window when running it.  I will review the webinar, but I don't think that will make much of a difference.
    wsherwin
    Occasional Contributor
    Sorry - I made a rookie mistake - I had an extraneous command that, once deleted, I discovered was inhibiting the functioning of the script.  I guess I'll open another topic with my original, and more puzzling, concern.