I have just installed TC14 and converted a (backup) project, however the name mapping is missing. Objects that were previously mapped are now blank.
This is a huge setback if I have to remap hundreds if not thousands of objects again, especially as these are specifically referenced in my scripts.
Has any one else encountered this problem?
Actually I can't even map an object any more, the mapping name stays blank after trying to map it.
This behavior is very strange. Could you please contact our Support Team to investigate this behavior?
To speed up the investigation process, please send the original TestComplete project and the converted one to the Support team. Also, please follow these steps:
1. Run the Report Generator tool located in <TestComplete>\x64\Bin\ReportGenerator.exe (for the 64-bit tool version) or <TestComplete>\Bin\ReportGenerator.exe (for the 32-bit tool version).
2. Choose an option which corresponds to your tested application type (desktop, web or mobile) in the Report Generator Wizard and follow the on-screen instructions in the tool.
3. Open your project in TC (the conversion should be started) to reproduce the problem.
4. Click the "Create memory dump" button in the Report Generator tool.
5. Click the "Save..." button and specify the destination folder. The tool will create a ZIP archive with the report files inside.
6. Send the generated report to the SmartBear Support Team.
Thanks in advance.
And let us know the results of the investigation.
There is a possibility that the NameMapping file got corrupted in the conversion... especially if you attempted to merge the converted file to the old version in a source control. If the start/end tags in the XML get mixed up, confused, this can happen.
What happens if you restore the file from your source control and attempt to reconvert?
Having a back and forth with Support, they want my entire project sent over which is just not feesible (code and DB connections for financial systems)
I've restored from source control numerous times and still have the same issue. Next attempt will be to create a new project and see if I can map the same object.
However if as suggested the mapping file is corrupted on update then that counts out using TC14 untill they fix the problem.
I just converted one of our projects from TC12 to TC14... and the NameMapping file converted just fine and identifies and maps objects.
so... this is something unique to your situation. Unfortunately, to debug that, that's going to take some work with the support staff. I know from the past that they are willing to sign an NDA and other such agreements.
Has there been a resolution to this issue? I am also having the same problem.
Still trying to get to the bottom of this with support.
I created a brand new project, but it's still having issues with mapping objects. The app i'm testing is VB6 (yes I know it's old a rewrite is coming eventually)
@brohrbacher what framework is the app you're testing based on?
@liquidphantom We are using the .NET framework and we are also using VB in some areas of our application.
Update from support.
They have tried with a sample VB6 app and also get the same problem, so it has been passed over to the developers. Hopefully there will be a solution soon.