Forum Discussion

liquidphantom
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago

TestComplete 14 name mapping missing after conversion

I have just installed TC14 and converted a (backup) project, however the name mapping is missing. Objects that were previously mapped are now blank.

This is a huge setback if I have to remap hundreds if not thousands of objects again, especially as these are specifically referenced in my scripts.

Has any one else encountered this problem?

10 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi liquidphantom,

This behavior is very strange. Could you please contact our Support Team to investigate this behavior?

To speed up the investigation process, please send the original TestComplete project and the converted one to the Support team. Also, please follow these steps:

1. Run the Report Generator tool located in <TestComplete>\x64\Bin\ReportGenerator.exe (for the 64-bit tool version) or <TestComplete>\Bin\ReportGenerator.exe (for the 32-bit tool version).
    2. Choose an option which corresponds to your tested application type (desktop, web or mobile) in the Report Generator Wizard and follow the on-screen instructions in the tool.
    3. Open your project in TC (the conversion should be started) to reproduce the problem.
    4. Click the "Create memory dump" button in the Report Generator tool.
    5. Click the "Save..." button and specify the destination folder. The tool will create a ZIP archive with the report files inside.
    6. Send the generated report to the SmartBear Support Team.

Thanks in advance.

And let us know the results of the investigation.

brohrbacher
      Occasional Contributor

Has there been a resolution to this issue? I am also having the same problem.

liquidphantom
        Occasional Contributor

Having a back and forth with Support, they want my entire project sent over which is just not feesible (code and DB connections for financial systems)

I've restored from source control numerous times and still have the same issue. Next attempt will be to create a new project and see if I can map the same object.

However if as suggested the mapping file is corrupted on update then that counts out using TC14 untill they fix the problem.

liquidphantom
    Occasional Contributor

Actually I can't even map an object any more, the mapping name stays blank after trying to map it.