Forum Discussion

TanyaYatskovska
SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
7 years ago

TestComplete 12.4 Beta - Looking for Testers

Greetings Testers,

We are looking for customers who are ready to work closer with our product Team within next several weeks. We are releasing the beta version of TestComplete 12.4 very soon - we need your feedback.

TestComplete 12.4 comes with multiple new features. Some of these include:

• Environment Manager improvements:
    • Supporting data driven capabilities
    • Ability to use external project items
    • Using Environment Manager on internally hosted applications
  • Support for execution on mobile devices using Wi-Fi
  • Script Editor improvements
  • New parser for scripts in TestComplete
  • Copy and paste functionality in Name Mapping
  • TestComplete 64-bit version
  • And more!

Please reach out to your Customer Success manager or email at Customer-Success@smartbear.com if you would like to try the beta version.

14 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Our Customer Success representative already contacted us and I've replied to the positive.  I'm looking forward to seeing what new "toys" 12.4 gives me. :)

mgroen2
    Super Contributor

Great that finally one my feature requests is implemented (64 bit version of TC) - Read about it here. Looking forward to it!

Have any other of the 375+ ideas have been implemented as well?

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

Apparently several... the NameMapping copy/paste for one... being able to parse script, potentially to do a better syntax checking before execution... Obviously, not all 375 can be added (or should be, for that matter) in one sub-release but I am excited to see these added to the product.

ryanlloyd
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

If you haven't yet had the opportunity to work with the TestComplete 12.4 Beta - there is still time, please reach out and we can help you get started. We're finalizing the release and quickly reacting to the feedback we've received so far!

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, Ryan!

I have been poking at it within our own context here and, so far, I haven't found anything of major interest to report.  I'll keep playing but, for the time being, what I've touched looks good.

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

> [...] and, so far, I haven't found anything of major interest to report.

Alas... I just can be second to Robert... :)

I haven't chance to try Environment Manager yet, but other things I played with, looks good.

Android over WiFi worked smoothly and fast.

• Good news. I heard arrow functions will be included as well. Finally my code can be shortened by 50% :) 

Does anyone know what this particular improvement mean? Does this mean I can 'require' functions from a location outside of the project? 

• Ability to use external project items
      tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

No, that has to do with the EnvironmentManager feature (the integration with CrossBrowserTesting).  As I understand it, it means that CBT via TestComplete can now utilize items that are not necessarily in the direct path of the project.  This isn't related to script code, "requires", etc.

KSQian
        Contributor

Gotcha. Thanks! 

Another <dumb> question:

If we download the 64bit TC, will it be backwards compatible with the project suites we created via 32bit TC? 

Has anyone tried the 64bit version and seen performance improvements? 

Thanks!