Forum Discussion

rnachampasak
New Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

TestComplet to Automate Installation of Application on the VM machine.

Could someone please help or point me to the right direction?

I have an EXE and would like to automate the installation, configure it on the test unit which is a VM machine.

-VM is installed with TestExecute

Thanks in advance.

Rith

• Are you going to use Keyword testing or writing your own test script? I have done the same task by using my own script (VBScript). Basically what I did was simple. In my test script, I specify my builder servers. Then every night, I have Windows task to execute my script so that I can grab the new build and execute it on VMs. All my VMs have my code and TestExecute installed. Windows Task actually calls TestExecute to launch my test project via command. I can tell you more detail if your requirement is alike.

3 Replies

• Are you going to use Keyword testing or writing your own test script? I have done the same task by using my own script (VBScript). Basically what I did was simple. In my test script, I specify my builder servers. Then every night, I have Windows task to execute my script so that I can grab the new build and execute it on VMs. All my VMs have my code and TestExecute installed. Windows Task actually calls TestExecute to launch my test project via command. I can tell you more detail if your requirement is alike.
      Ravik
      Super Contributor

Could you please share the VBScript with us.

• Thank you so much, Viper for your replied.

I'm new to TestComplete.

That is exactly what I like to do. I have an EXE installer, it's a web application, I like to grab that new build and install it on the VM. Once it gets installed it, I like to somehow configure it, and run some sanity test, like be able to login to the page web.

-Rith