Forum Discussion

rkpatnaik
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Test Visualizer doesn't capture screenshot for any user action

Hi,

While recording, Test Visualizer is unable to capture any screenshots for any of the user actions. I have attached a screenshot of the same and Test Visualizer settings that I have in Project Properties.

Version: 12.42.3048.7 x64

Window 7

• Hi All,

Thanks for all the recommendations, but the issue was with the default location(somewhere in the network) where the screenshots were saved and TestComplete was unable to fetch the files from that location. I saved the project in local machine and now Test Visualizer displays all the screenshots.

Thanks.

5 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Well, it looks like they are getting captured... but what appears to be happening is that the actual files aren't being properly saved... what I'm seeing are "broken links" in the Visualizer.  A quick test on my environment... works fine so it's something specific to your environment, situation, etc...

Question: Is this screenshot IMMEDIATELY after recording or is this opening the project after having recorded on a previous day?  The reason I ask is that if it's from a previous day, it COULD be that the image files themselves are not being checked in to your source control and your source directory got refreshed.  

rkpatnaik
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

This happens as soon as I finish a recording. I tried to uninstall TestComplete and again install it, but this issue still persists.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

It could be a permissions problem with your environment.  The visualizer images are saved to a subfolder of where the test code is stored so it's entirely possible that something is blocking the save of those images.

rkpatnaik
    Occasional Contributor

Hi All,

Thanks for all the recommendations, but the issue was with the default location(somewhere in the network) where the screenshots were saved and TestComplete was unable to fetch the files from that location. I saved the project in local machine and now Test Visualizer displays all the screenshots.

Thanks.