Forum Discussion

Fimbultyr
Contributor
6 years ago

Test Execute freezes while Stopping Tests

Hi guys,

since I run 6 Machines parralel via Networksuite i encounter massive issues with Test Execute not able to Stop and Retrieve logs.

Nearly every nightly run freezes with Test Execute showing "Stopping..." on one or more machines, and on my Testrunner VM.

Normaly after 6-8 hours i than kill the task because TE is just not responding at all.

Normal Testtime would be 90 Minutes.

Does someone have a suggestion how to fix this?

Am i the only one having massive issues with distributed Testing via Networksuites?

Cheers,

Constantin

7 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

What version of TE are you running?  What operating system?  How much data are you writing to the logs?

That last question is especially important because if you're writing a LOT of information out to the logs (screenshots, messages, etc) it makes for very large logs and, when you stop a test, it needs to write it to disk.  

Fimbultyr
      Contributor

Hi Robert,

I am running TE Version: 12.60.5545.11

Logsize is around 16-64MB.

My Host Machine is Win2012R2.

Client Machines are:

Win 7 x64/x86

Win8.1x64/x86

Win10 x64/x86

Win2008 x86

Win2008R2 x64

Win2012 x64

Win2012R2 x64

Win2016 x64

Client Machines that fail mostly are Win7 x64, Win10 x64, Win2008 x86

I have set my Projects to Stop on Error.

I can rarely reproduce the behaviour with TC while i am looking at the runstate in the networksuite.

Sometimes the Machine connection seems to get lost during Synchronization <Internal> or directly when a machine runs into an error and stops the test.

I even encountered issues with Synchronization Points in my Projects, with 6 Machines running in parralel the Networksuite sometimes misses 1 or 2 Machines so i had to implement Timeouts.

For me it feels like the Networksuite is just unreliable and loses connection leading to a deadloop while synrchonizing or fetching results.

Cheers,

Constantin

• Fimbultyr wrote:

Hi guys,

since I run 6 Machines parralel via Networksuite i encounter massive issues with Test Execute not able to Stop and Retrieve logs.

Nearly every nightly run freezes with Test Execute showing "Stopping..." on one or more machines, and on my Testrunner VM.

Normaly after 6-8 hours i than kill the task because TE is just not responding at all.

Normal Testtime would be 90 Minutes. TTRockStars

Does someone have a suggestion how to fix this?

Am i the only one having massive issues with distributed Testing via Networksuites?

Cheers,

Constantin

I faced similar kind of issue, I am still searching for some proper solution