Forum Discussion

jmalm
New Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Test Complete won't start. Complains that it can't access the directory which logs will be saved.

I've been trialing Test Complete for just over two weeks.  Today, it stopped working (i.e. saving files) and complained that it can't backup the modified scripts.  I closed it anyways.  When I try to restart, it complains that it can't access the directory which logs will be saved. 

After acknowledging the error (press the OK button), another popup error message "Runtime error 217 at 0044361D" followed. 

jmalm
    7 years ago

No network directory nor source control.  Just local harddrive (still doing trials and not deployed).  No changes to physical path.  I was modifying my TestComplete scripts (python) and when I tried to save the changes, it complained (but this is not the first modification I've done ... the save was successful in the past).  Something about backup logs.  Complained also that it can't save <Scriptname>.py.bak.  

After I closed it.  It won't launch again.

I tried uninstalling and installing app.  Didn't work. But a retry to a different directory (not the default) seems to work.

2 Replies

NisHera
    Valued Contributor

Are you using any source control system?

did you change any physical paths of files.?

did you change director structure of where files stored?

what did you do just before those errors?

jmalm
      New Contributor

No network directory nor source control.  Just local harddrive (still doing trials and not deployed).  No changes to physical path.  I was modifying my TestComplete scripts (python) and when I tried to save the changes, it complained (but this is not the first modification I've done ... the save was successful in the past).  Something about backup logs.  Complained also that it can't save <Scriptname>.py.bak.  

After I closed it.  It won't launch again.

I tried uninstalling and installing app.  Didn't work. But a retry to a different directory (not the default) seems to work.