Forum Discussion

tamarar357329
New Contributor
6 years ago

Test Complete cannot access items when right clicking in a popup menu

I am having trouble when right clicking on an object in a table, then I try to select an item from the popup menu, and it says: "Cannot find the submenu for the Paste menu item" I've tried using different kinds of popup menus such as Swing..  I've tried clicking it different ways, but nothing, it never finds the submenu.

5 Replies

shankar_r
    Community Hero

If you are using JavaSwing controls then you can use SwingPopupMenu   to access object menus.

Screenshots of object property and scripts you are trying would be better to help.

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Try recording a test so you can actually do the right click and see how TestComplete records your action.

tamarar357329
      New Contributor

Sorry about that, this happens when I record and play back the test, it shows that error.  When I right click the menu item when I'm not in record mode, everything works fine.

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

Let's see a screenshot of your test and the log.  The more details we have, the easier it is to help you.

• Some more info would help us help you. I take it that this is a desktop app? When you say 

it says: "Cannot find the submenu for the Paste menu item"

What, exactly, do you mean. You run the test, and this is a runtime error? An object recognition error? What precise behavior do you experience.

Can you examine this object on screen with the object spy and see what properties is exposes?