Forum Discussion

IFERNANDEZ
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago

TC/ TE integration with Testlink successful

Hi.

Last few weeks I've been fighting against the strange case of how Smartbear did not provide a clear guide lines on how to integrate TC/TE with the most used open source Test management tool: Testlink and Jenkins.

All chats I've found here in the community and around were not clear on how to.

Moreover, SmartBear says that the best way to integrate TC/TE with Testlink is forget Testlink and buy QAComplete. In my opinion, not very professional answer from their side, when by example my company has paid a huge amount for TC/TE. So a good support should have been provided. This is my complaning part. I've missed kind of help to the customers that like my company have bet for this test tool. 

Now, I will try to help all those that are willing to integrate Jenkins, TE/TC and Testlink:

- Testcomplete plugin works fine, you only need to activate the Junit results flag of the plugin.

- The problems come now:

1. You must use the Jenkins API to get the results in xml format.
  2.  As TC/TE cannot run in a Linux machine, you must install Powershell in your Windows machine, in order to get the results of your job and save them as *.xml file. Results of your job can be found in **/testReport/api/xml
  3. CAUTION!! This results are not JUNIT format!! But in pseudo-JUNIT style! 
  4. Testlink plugin cannot read this format, that is why no matter the hard you try... your plugin config is ok... the problem is the format of your results... Many people say they configure correctly the plugin settings, and have a huge trouble after it, because, they see 'Not run' in their tests....
  5. The solution is to parse the results to real Junit format. My recommendation is to create an easy *.xsl script and use the msxsl processor of Microsoft by example. 
  6. Once you have it, if the config of your Testlink plugin is ok, the result seeking strategy will work, and your test results will be updated in the Testlink.

For further questions do not hesitate in asking me.

BR

Spoiler
TESTLINK 

2 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

There's lots of help here if you ask.  We all paid for TC and we all have different needs and since it's not a customized program, we figure it out amongst ourselves and Support is there for the things that turn out to be coding issues.   I'm sure your post will be helpful for others in the future.

LeoDanny
    Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

I want to integrate TL with TC for a new project. Can you please share the steps or links from which I can integrate TL from the scratch. Also if you have some documentation on that please share those.