cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

String multiple tests together

Highlighted
Contributor

String multiple tests together

Still learning TC, but getting better. I see that you can create many KeywordTests, but how does one call one KeywordTest from another? 

Is it wise for me to make a bunch of small tests and link them together somehow? (e.g. loginTest -> changePasswordTest -> logoutTest) or to build one big test (e.g. loginchangepwordlogoutTest).

If the answer is the former, how do I link these tests together?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Hero

Re: String multiple tests together

This should help:

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/managing-projects/test-items.html

It's almost never a good idea to make one big test.  Either build a framework test that calls all the other ones with particular data or in a particular order or use the Test Items feature above, or both!

Highlighted
Community Hero

Re: String multiple tests together

You can use test items or you can build composite keyword tests out of multiple building blocks. Simply drag and drop your building blocks into a new keyword test and you should be good to go.  Really... that easy. Smiley Happy

And then, as @Marsha_R mentioned, build out a framework or use Test Items to call your composite tests in the intended order.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available