Forum Discussion

joe_2
Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

Stopping execution

I sometimes want to stop a test while it's running, even if there has been no error.

I find that getting control of the mouse long enough to click the stop button is difficult.

The keyboard shortcut that is supposed to stop a test is only useable if TestComplete has focus... When I'm running a test, the tested app has focus.

So stopping the test still requires clicking with the mouse to move focus off of the tested app, and onto TestComplete, and then using the keyboard command before the test takes back control and clicks something else on the tested app.

Is there a way to force a test to stop?  A keyboard combination that will do it regardless of where focus is, for instance?
  • Use Shift-F2 key combinations. this will stop test execution regardless of tested app windows

2 Replies

murugans1011
    Regular Contributor
    Use Shift-F2 key combinations. this will stop test execution regardless of tested app windows
  • Thank you very much!  

I searched the help files and couldn't find a reference to this.  I found a keyboard shortcut that would stop execution if TC had focus, (Shift-F5) but that's nearly useless.  

I was beginning to consider writing a subroutine that would look for a particular key combination and stop execution if it caught it, which I could then add to my tests.

A quick shift-f2 is much better.