Forum Discussion

mgroen2
Super Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Starting LoadComplete testruns from TestComplete

Is it possible (and, if so, what is the recommended approach), to start (initiate) LoadComplete tests from TestComplete (eg from script and/or Keyword tests)?

Any advice would be appreciated.

• I don't think it is possible as a native integration. There was a time when the load testing functionality was a direct part of TestComplete but it was separated out into LoadComplete to keep the two types of testing distinctive within their respective tools. If you're looking for an all-in-one solution to execute all your different kinds of tsets (TestComplete functional, LoadComplete performance, TestLeft unit tests, etc) is to use a tool like QAComplete to coordinate the execution of all these different test types.

5 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    I don't think it is possible as a native integration. There was a time when the load testing functionality was a direct part of TestComplete but it was separated out into LoadComplete to keep the two types of testing distinctive within their respective tools. If you're looking for an all-in-one solution to execute all your different kinds of tsets (TestComplete functional, LoadComplete performance, TestLeft unit tests, etc) is to use a tool like QAComplete to coordinate the execution of all these different test types.
      mgroen2
      Super Contributor

shankar_r That is not what I mean. I am talking about switching to a LoadComplete test, during execution of a test in TestComplete.

What you are referring to, is the creation of LoadComplete tests, based on TestComplete tests.

shankar_r
        Community Hero

Oh okay, My bad I misunderstood your requirement.

if this is the case never mind on my previous reply.