Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartbear to Acquire Zephyr

CBleunven
Contributor

Smartbear to Acquire Zephyr

Hi All,

I've just received the e-mail about Smartbear will be acquiring Zephyr.

We are currently using TestComplete and Zephyr with JIRA. We have a plan to link both throught the Zephyr API.

Is there any particular plan on your side to connect both products ? Or may be it's a bit too early to ask ?

Thank you,

Christophe

4 REPLIES 4
TanyaYatskovska
Community Manager

Re: Smartbear to Acquire Zephyr

Hi Christophe,

Zephyr joined SmartBear indeed - https://smartbear.com/news/news-releases/smartbear-to-acquire-zephyr/

We are so excited to haveit in the SmartBear product line! Do you have any test scenarios of how you would like to see TestComplete and Zephyr working together? 

---------
Tanya Yatskovskaya
SmartBear Community and Education Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
CBleunven
Contributor

Hi Tania,

currently we are thinking on how report into JIRA the results of the automated tests.

Currently we have a custom field in Zephyr tests that indicates wether the test is manual or automated.

What we want to put in place is a corelation between 1 Zephyr test in JIRA and 1 test (or sub-part of a test or a particular execution of a test) in TestComplete. 

Each time we will run automated test, we plan that, through the ZAPI interface there is:

- creation of a new test cycle (or some new tests cycles), on the tested build.

- populating the cycle with new executions of the tests that will be performed.

- setting of the tests execution status to PASS or FAIL according to results.

The objectives is to have, in JIRA an overview of all that was done on a particular build, or a particular version or..., both manually and automatically.

Christophe

TanyaYatskovska
Community Manager

Hi Christophe,

Thanks for the clarification. I'll send your request to the corresponding team.

---------
Tanya Yatskovskaya
SmartBear Community and Education Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
cunderw
Community Hero

What @CBleunven is talking is something that would be great to have integrated by default. We use TestFlo which is very similar to Zephyr and do something very similar. We build test plans based on the issue status and report back up using the API. 

Thanks,
Carson

Click the Accept as Solution button if my answer has helped
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors