Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

SmartBear Test Extension is not working with Edge Version 85.0.564.44

TC: 14.61.276

Edge: Version 85.0.564.44

Windows 10 Enterprise

Hello,

I am trying to install Test Complete Extension for Edge via this page . I enable the extension and be able to see the T.C. extension on the browser as shown in the attached picture. However, when trying to record a test, T.C pops up a message saying the SmartBear extension is not enabled.

Can anyone shed some light please?

Thank you.

• So, apparently, it was a missing registry file! One needs to ask the support team for it if they are facing a similar issue.

5 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Some troubleshooting things to try:

1. Make sure you followed all the installation instructions here. 

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-testing/web/general/preparing-browsers/chrome-extension.html

2. Clear cache in Edge, close all instances of it (check Task Manager to be sure) and try to access the test extension again.

3.  Uninstall and reinstall from the Chrome store and try to access it again.

4.  Uninstall from the Chrome store, close all your Edge instances, and try again with the Installing Without Internet Access instructions at the link in Step 1.

sonya_m
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

So, apparently, it was a missing registry file! One needs to ask the support team for it if they are facing a similar issue.

sonya_m
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thank you Marsha!

tc_2018 I found your support case regarding this issue (00451495). The behavior is being researched now, the Community would really appreciate it if you posted the final results here for future reference. Thank you.