Forum Discussion

TechnoBill
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

Since upgrading to 7.51 record scripts is incredibly slow and unusable

Hi,

I have been using test complete to create tests for our .net application for many years on this same PC with Vista. Yesterday I installed the 7.51 upgrade and can no longer record tests. There is a massive delay between keystrokes or mouse clicks while recording (at least 1 second between each key) and it makes it impossible to fill in a large form now.

Even from a clean start where I open test complete, go to a script file and press record (no editing in testcomplete), I start typing on the form or clicking on checkboxes and nothing happens for several seconds then the letters start appearing or checkboxes start checking at 1 or 2 second intervals. If I play back the script it runs at full speed (faster then I originally typed).  

I am hoping there is a simple answer, I have tried resaving the project settings etc. If there is no answer for this I will need to roll back to an earlier version as it makes it impossible for me to fill in complex forms for tests now.

Anyone have any ideas?

Also are there any script compatability issues if I roll back to a slightly earlier version?

Bill D

1 Reply

• Hi Bill,

It seems that you have faced a known issue.

If you are using the TestComplete Enterprise edition, please submit a request for a fix via our Contact Support form:

Also, we are planning to include the fix in the next release of TestComplete.

As for now, try using the workaround: enable the 'Show Invisible Objects' option on the Object Browser panel's toolbar.