Forum Discussion

courtenayp
Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

SessionCreator (TestExecute) - PrjVar is not an option

**EDIT** this option works, but not via SessionCreator method, still pending fix...

**EDIT** turns out i read the VERY latest information on the below, and infact PrjVar is a new functionality, as such an upgrade should solve this issue!

According to this page: https://support.smartbear.com/testexecute/docs/running/automating/sessioncreator/index.html i should be able to input a value for a variable using /PrjVar: in a command line entry (session creator).

I have tried this and it informs me that "Flag could not be matched: PrjVar:String"

The list of options also returned when running the session creator does not include the PrjVar option.

hkim5
    4 years ago

ok, as far as im aware, the fix that ive proposed here should be included in the next release of Testcomplete, scheduled for mid April. I think the easiest thing to do for now would be to wait two weeks or so.

26 Replies

• just to make courtenayp 's point clearer: with the release of TestComplete 14.71 we can now define project level variables through the command line for any of the runtime executables that we use (incl. TC, TE, SC).

Please upgrade to the latest version of TestComplete to use this functionality.

See release notes here 

courtenayp
      Contributor

Hi hkim5 ,

I have upgraded my test complete and test execute instances to the latest 14.71, however this function doesnt seem to work still and i have the same issue as outlined above...

Thanks,

Courtenay

hkim5
        Staff

can you share the syntax of the cmd line args you used?

have you created the same pv and psv w/in the projects you want to run?