cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server execution failed (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80080005 (CO_E_SERVER_EXEC_FAILURE))

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Server execution failed (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80080005 (CO_E_SERVER_EXEC_FAILURE))

Hello,

After upgrade from TestComplete 14.20 to 14.50, I get this error message when I trigger the tests via TFS.

Failed to get a list of tests from the C:\BuildAgent2018\_work\4\s\WHSCheckProject\WHSCheckProject.pjs file due to the following error: Unable to connect to the product. Server execution failed (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80080005 (CO_E_SERVER_EXEC_FAILURE))

This issue happened after TC upgrade to 14.50, so is there anything I have to do to make it work? Any ideas?

I reinstalled TC 14.50, without any success. I can open TC and run test locally on the machine, but from remote server TFS, its not possible anymore.

Please see attach file also.

BR,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Server execution failed (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80080005 (CO_E_SERVER_EXEC_FAILURE))

Problem is solved now.

I had to login into the remote server with the TFS user, open TestComplete, and go through the licenses, before the application could be launched.

After that I am able to connect and run the tests.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Hero

Re: Server execution failed (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80080005 (CO_E_SERVER_EXEC_FAILURE))

Since your issue started right after the upgrade, I would contact Support directly.  Here's the link:

https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=TestComplete

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Problem is solved now.

I had to login into the remote server with the TFS user, open TestComplete, and go through the licenses, before the application could be launched.

After that I am able to connect and run the tests.

View solution in original post

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Join TechCorner Challenge!
Want a fun and easy way to learn TestComplete? Try solving weekly TechCorner challenges and get into the Leaderboard!

Challenge Status

Changing options from outside of TestComplete

Participate!

How to execute remote test and obtain results via Test Runner REST API

Participate!

Comparing content of HTML table with Excel file data

Participate!

Compare HTML table with Excel file and correct data in the file

Participate!
Top Kudoed Authors