Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script pauses when aqPerformance.Check() failed

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

Script pauses when aqPerformance.Check() failed

I want to check the performance of my function and expect it takes no more than 5 seconds.

The script passes if I put 5 seconds check. However, if I put 4 seconds as shown below, then my script paused automatically at the call_exit_function(). I have to manually click on play for it continues to run. I already disabled "stop on error" option.

Can anyone help me? I want my script keeps running and post the error after it finishes.

aqPerformance.Start()

call_start_function()

aqPerformance.Check(4000)

call_exit_function()

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Hero

Re: Script pauses when aqPerformance.Check() failed

A failure in the performance check logs an error to the test log.  Any thing that then triggers upon logging an error will occur at that point.

What it sounds like is that you have the "Pause test execution on posting an error" flag checked under Tools | Options | Engines | General.  Turn off that flag and see if the test continues.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Hero

Re: Script pauses when aqPerformance.Check() failed

A failure in the performance check logs an error to the test log.  Any thing that then triggers upon logging an error will occur at that point.

What it sounds like is that you have the "Pause test execution on posting an error" flag checked under Tools | Options | Engines | General.  Turn off that flag and see if the test continues.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available

View solution in original post

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Watch the new Interview
Top Kudoed Authors