Forum Discussion

Saman_Akhtar
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago

Save log automatically when executing Test in TestComplete through TestExecute

Background: After executing test in Test Complete through Test Execute, Confirm dialog of Test Execute comes up to save the changes in mds file. So basically this confirm dialog comes up to save log file generated after execution of test

My requirement is not to get the confirm dialog after execution.

1 One way is running Test Excute in /SilentMode but what other pop ups will be disabled?(I am apprehensive about this option because i don't want to disable valid related error pop up)

2 Can anyone tell how to automatically save the log file so  that confirmation message didn't come up.

3 Or How to Access TestExecute Objects in TestComplete so that through automation i can automatically click yes in confirm button?

4 Or any way to select default option yes in the confirm dialog?

15 Replies

• 1. For /SilentMode: If this argument is specified, TestComplete works in Silent mode, that is, it neither displays dialogs, nor informs you about errors or warnings. The dialogs and messages to be displayed are handled as if you pressed the default button in them. "- I can't tell you exactly what gets suppressed or not. I think it's a fair assumption to say that most everything would be (including those error/warning dialogues). I've also seen that using the /exit argument closes the instance down immediately after the test runs as well. 

2. I'd then suggest using /ExportSummary or /ExportLog arguments to achieve this end goal - this way, even in silentmode, you can take a look at your test results whenever you want by finding the files within that specified directory.

3/4. I think the options above address the needs that we dont really need to explore this option. 

Saman_Akhtar
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks Kim for your reply.

I am already using /ExportLog parameter with testExcute and its exporting my log.

But the issue is not with TestExecute, It with testComplete. If you run a test case in TC through TE, log is generated in TC also. Because of which I am getting confirm dialog to save any changes to our project. My main goal is not to get the confirm dialog or it should by default select yes and save the changes.

I do want to explore 3rd and 4th option if 1 & 2  doesn't work 🙂

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Close TestComplete before you run the automation in TestExecute.  The confirmation you're getting is because TestExecute is updating project objects (tcLogs) that TestComplete has open so it wants to notify you that something needs to be updated.