Forum Discussion

sameerjade
Frequent Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

SVN commit of Groups under workspace

Hello All,

Under my workspace, I have created groups using the 'add new group' option. Under each group I have test items which call functions from scripts, have parameters defined. I am now trying to SVN commit my tests. I have committed the script files, image files and name mapping but I am not sure how I commit the group itself. The group contains information - test items, the order and hierarchy of test items, the parameters etc.

Any ideas how to SVN commit the groups?

Thank you!

Sameer

• As cunderw mentioned, commit your project file (MDS) to SVN and that should have all the relevant group information.  Groups are not actual files that sit on their own anywhere, they are logical constructions internal to the MDS file for organizing project execution.

4 Replies

cunderw
    Community Hero

Are you referring to groups in the projects test items page? If so you should be able to just commit your project and the groups will be retained. 

sameerjade
      Frequent Contributor

I mean the groups that can be created under the 'Workspace' window using the 'Add New Group' button. Once we create a group and right click the group, it gives options to create new test item, new child test item, new subgroup, new group..

I am not able to find where this Group definition is set within my Project folder in my windows explorer.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

As cunderw mentioned, commit your project file (MDS) to SVN and that should have all the relevant group information.  Groups are not actual files that sit on their own anywhere, they are logical constructions internal to the MDS file for organizing project execution.