Forum Discussion

vthomeschoolmom
Super Contributor
13 years ago

SSTabCtlWndClass

I have an object of class SSTabCtlWndClass.  I want to use the ClickTab method of this tab object. (I can access it by the native tab property, but this would bypass any click handlers that might be in the click event of the tab. So I would like to see if I can get ClickTab to work. When I execute a ClickTab I receive an error:

Unable to find object ClickTab(1).

This is what I expected. It does not recognize this as a standard Windows Tab ctrl. So I go into the object's properties. I mapped this class to Win32 Controls and Window in the tab control section so that this tab can be recognized.

When I execute the ClickTab again, I receive

Control item 1 not found. So ... it recognizes the ClickTab method. But does not find the tab by index....

Has anyone worked with SSTab before? Is there a way to get TC to recognize this tab control for ClickTab to work? (Note TC 7 in use)

Thanks!

4 Replies

aqAnt
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello Lane,

The SSTab control is not a standard Win32 tab control, so Object Mapping does not work for it. You can use the Text Recognition technology to recognize tab captions and click the captions to select the corresponding tabs.