cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run a SQL Job from JScript

SOLVED
New Contributor

Run a SQL Job from JScript

I need to simply run a SQL Server Agent job. I don't need to return values; it is more of a middle man job. Could I do something like this:

var SJob;

var Sjob.ConnectionString = "all the stuff that goes in here...";

SJob.ProcedureName = "SendJobs";

SJob.ExecProc();

Or would I be going about this incorrectly? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Run a SQL Job from JScript

Hi @scmadden,

I've found the following example demonstrating how you can call an SQL stored procedure (even with parameters):

https://smartbear-cc.force.com/portal/KbArticleViewer?name=Call-an-SQL-Stored-Procedure

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Join SmartBear Connect next April in Boston to meet with software development, API and testing experts from around the world! Get your ticket today!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Hero

What happened when you tried that?

New Contributor

Well, I haven't yet. Can't extend my trial either. Should get a license next week. It should work for an actual stored procedure, but this is for a job...

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @scmadden,

Have you managed to have this script worked?

---------
Tanya Gorbunova

Join SmartBear Connect next April in Boston to meet with software development, API and testing experts from around the world! Get your ticket today!
Community Manager

Hi @scmadden,

I've found the following example demonstrating how you can call an SQL stored procedure (even with parameters):

https://smartbear-cc.force.com/portal/KbArticleViewer?name=Call-an-SQL-Stored-Procedure

---------
Tanya Gorbunova

View solution in original post