Forum Discussion

Tris
Contributor
4 years ago

Remote execution not working

Hi,

I've noticed that since upgrading to the latest version of TestComplete and TestExecute I'm having issues starting or running TE remotely (I execute tests remotely using TE and a command line).

I am unable to verify the connection from TC to TE on my remote machine anymore and also cannot remotely execute via command line as before.

When I attempt to run TE remotely, the TE application starts up when viewing in the task manager on the remote VM, but does not fully boot up and start the TC service like it usually would. It does however open as expected and start the TCservice if I open TE manually on the VM.

Note the same command has been sent pre and post update of TestExecute and the VM environment has not changed.

TC Version: 14.72.408.7 x64
TE Version: 14.72.408.11 x64

Command used to execute below

"psexec -u DOMAIN\USER -p PASSWORD \\MACHINEIP -h -d -i cmd.exe /c "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 14\Bin\TestExecute.exe" "C:\PATH\TO\SOLUTION\TCPROJECT.pjs" /r /p:PROJECT"

It is strange that TestComplete cannot verify the connection within the network suite for any of the VMs setup that was working previously OK.

3 Replies

Tris
      Contributor

I've contacted SmartBear already, so will post an update if there is anything further, thought I'd try a two pronged approach in case it was something someone else has experienced.

sonya_m
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thanks Marsha!

Tris , I see that you replied to the support case, that you managed to solve the issue yourself, could you share the solution with the community? This would help a lot of people in the future! Thank you!