Forum Discussion

VFixed
Contributor
9 years ago

Remote Desktop question concerning TC web using a node license and Firefox

I looked at the "Running Tests via Remote Desktop - Overview" HELP topic but didn't see the answer I need.

I noticed that for Firefox there are no patches required for the current version: 11.20.1491.

I spent all day yesterday configuring a remote desktop to have our 1 node license on it. 

Using remote desktop, when I try to run the very basic login test script, a FF browser opens up without error, but TC doesn't re-direct to the URL assigned in the test script.

a.jpg

This same script worked fine as long as it was on my PC.

I'm sharing a keyboard and mouse with the remote desktop and I'm wondering if this is going to work. I'm wondering if that is the problem. I need access to my mouse/keyboard even while TC is running. 

Thoughts?

Edited to add that I can access the URL from the test script without error if I key it in manually.

6 Replies

bwinkler
    Occasional Contributor

I have not had any problems running test complete over remote desktop other than when you disconect it locks the computer meaning TestComplete can't use the mouse or keyboard.

If you think that is the problem I would make sure.

I would sit down at that computer even if I had to plug my keyboard, mouse and monitor into it to be sure.

Its likly that the setup is different on that computer.  Or like I mentioned if you disconect your remote desktop the computer is locked and it can't access the keyboard or mouse.  Also when you are not remoted into that machine and tests are running you most likly will need to have a keyboard, mouse and monitor it probably will not work either.

VFixed
      Contributor

Thank you BWinkler. I guess it's not related to remote desktop at all because I found a spare keyboard and mouse and plugged them into the 2nd PC (our newly dedicated TC PC), rebooted it; then I opened TC and ran the very basic login script that worked on my own PC 2 days ago. It failed with the exact same error as before, which tells me that the issue is not with remote desktop at all. Arg!

I think I'll open a case. I've copied all the projects and scripts over that worked previously to the new dedicated TC PC. The URL is fine when I access it manually but not when using TC.

cunderw
        Community Hero

What version of FF is on the PC that you are having the errors with? Are you sure you have the right right patches for the version? I would start there first.