Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regions.Compare with Masks

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

Regions.Compare with Masks

I am using Regions.Compare method in an If condition for branching between two different scenarios based on the displayed window. I don't use Check because it takes a longer time to process and generates a log error that terminates the script. Is there any way to include masks while using Compare? or is there any other way to compare a region as a branching condition (not as a region checkpoint) and still be able to use masks?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Hero

Re: Regions.Compare with Masks

Well,first of all, I don't like having "Stop on error" set to true... I like to have more granular control over when my automation stops.  So, if turn that off, then Regions.Check would work for you.

You could go the route of Picture.Compare (https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/reference/program-objects/picture/compare.html?q=Pic...)

It's a bit different than Region compare... you wouldn't have a stored region in the system, you'd be using an external picture file loaded in.  I use this freqently and does pretty well.

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi, @ezzmonem 

Is it an option to use the Picture.Compare method?

Picture.Compare allows a mask to be used

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/reference/program-objects/picture/compare.html

In my scripts I use a combination of the picture.compare and region.compare method

===========================

if (!pic_1.Compare(pic_2, ............., maskImg))
{

Regions.Compare(pic_1, pic_2)

}

Regards,

Daniel

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Hero

Well,first of all, I don't like having "Stop on error" set to true... I like to have more granular control over when my automation stops.  So, if turn that off, then Regions.Check would work for you.

You could go the route of Picture.Compare (https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/reference/program-objects/picture/compare.html?q=Pic...)

It's a bit different than Region compare... you wouldn't have a stored region in the system, you'd be using an external picture file loaded in.  I use this freqently and does pretty well.

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi, @ezzmonem 

Is it an option to use the Picture.Compare method?

Picture.Compare allows a mask to be used

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/reference/program-objects/picture/compare.html

In my scripts I use a combination of the picture.compare and region.compare method

if (!pic_1.Compare(pic_2, ............., maskImg))
{

Regions.Compare(pic_1, pic_2)

}

Regards,

Daniel

Highlighted
New Contributor

daniel_dewinter

Thank you for your help!

PictureObject.Compare worked fine with masks.

I implemented it this way:

var appRegion = Regions.CreateRegionInfo(
AObject, 0, 0, width, height, false);

var baselinePicture= Regions.GetPicture("baseline_1");
var baselineMask= Regions.GetPicture("baseline_1_Mask");

if(baselinePicture.Compare(appRegion .Picture(), false, 0, false, 0, baselineMask)){

}

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Join TechCorner Challenge!
Want a fun and easy way to learn TestComplete? Try solving weekly TechCorner challenges and get into the Leaderboard!

Challenge Status

Changing options from outside of TestComplete

Participate!

How to execute remote test and obtain results via Test Runner REST API

Participate!

Comparing content of HTML table with Excel file data

Participate!

Compare HTML table with Excel file and correct data in the file

Participate!
Top Kudoed Authors