We have 2 Platform & Desktop License and One TestExecute License.
We have the below questions related to TestComplete License Manager.
1. A Server PC with License Manager is not showing all installed Smartbear's products on other PCs. (Although all being in the same network)
2. If one PC has TestExecute installed, then how TestExecute will communicate with the License Manager and get the Activation status?
3. As we have two floating licenses, Can we install License manager in two different PCs and use different License Keys in respective systems?
1) The License Manager doesn't show the licenses on all the machines in your network, it shows the licenses that are installed on that license manger server. It is used, primarily, to serve up the licenses for the other machines to consume. It sounds like you have a mix of node-locked licenses and some floating licenses.
2) Basically, the machine communicates on the network to the license manager and determines if there is an available license to execute. If so, it claims it and runs the tol
3) You shouldn't need to do that. You could activate both licenses on the same license manager and then those keys would be available throughout.
Robert Martin [Hall of Fame] Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff ----
Why automate? I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy. Sleep is a requirement. So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group. I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.
Regards, /Alex [Community Hero] ____ [Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes] may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an official answer from SmartBear Software. The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software. https://community.smartbear.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hall-of-fame ================================