Forum Discussion

Ryu
Contributor
6 years ago

ReadyAPI tests run through TestComplete failing in project run, but pass individually

Sometimes when I run a project with tests that contains a ReadyAPI call,  the ReadyAPI call will fail for no reason that I can determine.  It will say that the SOAP message encountered a wrong element or something like that, but if I run the same test individually (not in a project run) the ReadyAPI call will pass and run just fine.  Has anyone else experienced this before?  Anyone know how I fix it?

3 Replies

Ryu
      Contributor

Marsha_R, yes I did follow that.  When I have [ReadyAPI].[ReadyAPITestCase].Execute() in a test, running the test by itself with pass just fine with the executed ReadyAPI call.  However, when I run the test from the Run Project button, the ReadyAPI call within the test will sometimes fail.  I have a few tests with ReadyAPI calls in the project run that fail every time I run the project, and some that fail intermittently when I run the project, but running them individually they all pass.

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

If you launch the project in debug mode and step through the test till you get past one that always fails, will that run properly?