cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReadyAPI tests run through TestComplete failing in project run, but pass individually

Ryu
Contributor

ReadyAPI tests run through TestComplete failing in project run, but pass individually

Sometimes when I run a project with tests that contains a ReadyAPI call,  the ReadyAPI call will fail for no reason that I can determine.  It will say that the SOAP message encountered a wrong element or something like that, but if I run the same test individually (not in a project run) the ReadyAPI call will pass and run just fine.  Has anyone else experienced this before?  Anyone know how I fix it?

3 REPLIES 3
Marsha_R
Community Hero

Re: ReadyAPI tests run through TestComplete failing in project run, but pass individually

Ryu
Contributor

Re: ReadyAPI tests run through TestComplete failing in project run, but pass individually

@Marsha_R, yes I did follow that.  When I have [ReadyAPI].[ReadyAPITestCase].Execute() in a test, running the test by itself with pass just fine with the executed ReadyAPI call.  However, when I run the test from the Run Project button, the ReadyAPI call within the test will sometimes fail.  I have a few tests with ReadyAPI calls in the project run that fail every time I run the project, and some that fail intermittently when I run the project, but running them individually they all pass.

Marsha_R
Community Hero

If you launch the project in debug mode and step through the test till you get past one that always fails, will that run properly?

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors