Forum Discussion

Martin_Blass
New Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Re: Help needed on parametrizing

Hi everybody,

I am quite new to test complete and I am struggling a bit with parametrizing my Data-Driven Loop.

I have two fields in my program that I need to fill from an Excel sheet. First field is always filled with values from the first Excel column (e.g. Variables.DataIN["F1"]). However for some runs the second field needs to be filled from Excel columns different from column nr. 2. Currently I have it like this - Variables.DataIN["F2"].

Is it somehow possible to substitute the "F2" with a parameter that would tell TestComplete to look into a different column for that particular run? I tried but I am stuck. :smileysad:

Thank you very much

Regards

Martin

• I moved this to a new topic since the one you posted this to is 7 years old and not EXACTLY the same content. :)

In any case, in your usage where you're using the second field, instead of selecting it strictly as a "Variable", select it as a "Code Expression"

For example, I have a keyword test called Test5 that is using an excel sheet in a variable called loopdata.  In an action/method call that I want to use the column data but I want the column to be parameterized, I enter it as a code expression like so

KeywordTests.Test5.Variables.loopdata(KeywordTests.Test5.Parameters.Param1)

1 Reply

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

I moved this to a new topic since the one you posted this to is 7 years old and not EXACTLY the same content. :)

In any case, in your usage where you're using the second field, instead of selecting it strictly as a "Variable", select it as a "Code Expression"

For example, I have a keyword test called Test5 that is using an excel sheet in a variable called loopdata.  In an action/method call that I want to use the column data but I want the column to be parameterized, I enter it as a code expression like so

KeywordTests.Test5.Variables.loopdata(KeywordTests.Test5.Parameters.Param1)