Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Qlikview reports automation using Test complete

Hi,

I am new to Test Complete.

Can we automate Qlikview reports using Test complete?

Can test complete identify anf get information from graphs and other fields of Qlikview?

Please let me know. This is urgent.

Regards,

Jitendra

10 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Jitendra,

I've investigated this QlikView sample - TestComplete was able to recognize most of the objects on the page. Make sure that you are using TestComplete's Web module to test such controls.

Do you have any issues with object recognition?

• Hi Tanya

Sorry to hijack this post

I am working with QlikView 11.0 applications and want to automate it using TestComplete

I am unable to recognize objects using Object Spy from Test Complete on Qlikview application

What is that i need to set up or am i missing anything?

Any help or hints will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Thani

TanyaYatskovska
    Hi Thani,

You need to make sure that TestComplete's Web module is installed and activated on your computer. Do you have problems with the object recognition in all browsers?

• Hi Tanya

I am using the Web Module project in Test Complete.

None of the objects are getting exposed. The QV application i am trying to use is similar to your sample which you have provided.

I could only see a lot of "DIV" tags and not sure if it will be of any help.

I would be interested to know what kinds of objects you could see from your sample QV through Test Complete - Table / Buttons / Check box / Drop down / List box / Hyperlinks etc ???

Am i still missing some thing?

Thanks

Thani
    TanyaYatskovska
    Hi Thani,

This is a web application, not a window. It's OK if you see div objects. The client side identifies objects that will be displayed. For example, if you see the check box control on the page, it can be displayed via span or div objects.

Please read the "Object Types Used by the Tree Model" article to learn the list of available web objects when using the Tree model.

• Hi Tanya

What i meant was all the objects like Text box, Button, check box etc can be seen on the Qlikview web application but not available to use as they are not getting exposed

They are instead displayed as <DIV> tags and when i mean <DIV> tags, it does not have any html elements like <Input type=button> or <input type=text> under it.

Is it something that need to be triggered on qlikview application server to expose as i can right click on the qlikview document on the browser and i can see that i can "add sheet object" under which u can see the various types of control but from test complete, i can only see a hieracchy of "panel" like structure within object browser , which is not very helpful to work with.

Any pointers or guidance will be appreciated
    TanyaYatskovska

Hi Thani,

To help us better understand the situation, could you please make a screenshot of the object tree within the Object Browser and post it here?

TanyaYatskovska

Hi Thani,

Thanks for the image.

From what I see, everything looks fine. The outerHTML property displays the HTML source of this object. This is what is listed in the source code of this page.

You can use the outerText or textContent properties to identify this panel. Does this not work for you?

magicalsue
      New Contributor

I am having issues with my Name mapping switching qlikview attributes, has anyone else seen this??

Thanks