Forum Discussion

chris_barnhart
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

Property Checkpoint wText Not Found

I am using Keyword Record on an application developed in Delphi, but using some 3rd party components such as Woll2Woll.  As such, when trying to create a property checkpoint and compare a specific text value, I only see a EndCaption, WndClass, etc... but no wText or Test of any sort that reflects the actual text in the field of the applciation.

Someone had shown me before how to make Test Complete (v8) examine the object further and reveal the Text filed properties and it worked then, but its been a couple years and I can't figure it out. Seemed like it was pretty simply and quick too...

WndClass has a value of TwwDBEdit

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

7 Replies

chris_barnhart
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks for the help all, but I finally figured it out and remember this was the method I used in the past.  For others sake, the following article outlining Object Mapping got me going.  You just have to pick a supported Control Class from Object Mapping Editor and then choose the custom class you are trying to get properties for.  I added the Win32 edit box and added the TwwDBEdit control as associated to this class and I can now see the wText value I needed.

http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/55321/

Thanks,

Chris
    chris_barnhart
    Occasional Contributor
    I should also mention that I can go to Object Explorer to this specific object, and when I right-click TextObject under the Native Objects section under the Methods section, I can see the value I was wantign to compare...but I just can;t find this field under the Properties to set up a checkpoint.
    Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3
    In Object Spy there is an Advanced View that will show you the Text property if there is one. See attached screenshots.

chris_barnhart
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks for the reply...I used Object Spy as recommended and I do not see the Text field under the Properties tab (I always use Adavanced view), but do see it under the Methods tab.  Unfortunately, I can't select this field under properties when trying to set up a checkpoint.

Any other ideas are certainly welcomed
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Chris,

The Text property Marsha is talking about is hidden. Make sure that displaying hidden members is available in TestComplete (Tools | Options | Engines | General | Display members | Show hidden members).

Also, make sure that your Delphi application was compiled with debug information. Please refer to the "Preparing Delphi Applications for Testing" article for details.

chris_barnhart
    Occasional Contributor
    The option to Show Hidden Members was already set to true...I'll have to check to see if the application was compiled in debug; however, I'm pretty sure I was able to resolve this in the past with some type of manual discovery through TC, but just can't remember what I did last time.  I had received the advice from tech Support at the time.

Again, any recommendation or suggestions are appreciated and welcomed

Thanks,

Chris