Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem creating constants

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

Problem creating constants

Hello, I'm just starting with Test Complete...  I'm probably being stupid but... I can't create constants.  I have read the help at:  https://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/10990/.  my problem is I can't see  'Variables | Constants'  when I follow the direction to 'Select Variables | Constants from the main menu of Automated Build Studio '.  Is there an option or setting I am missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Hero

That help document is for Automated Build Studio.  You're working with Test Complete.  Two different tools. 🙂

So... you want to create a constant or equivalent in TestComplete?

Different script languages have the ability to create constants depending upon their syntax.  However, I'm assuming you are wanting to do something different.

Look into Project Variables, Project Suite Variables, and Keyword Test Variables in the TestComplete help documentation.  While these are variables, you can give them a default value and, so long as you don't assign anything new to the variable, that default value will act as a constant.

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Hero

That help document is for Automated Build Studio.  You're working with Test Complete.  Two different tools. 🙂

So... you want to create a constant or equivalent in TestComplete?

Different script languages have the ability to create constants depending upon their syntax.  However, I'm assuming you are wanting to do something different.

Look into Project Variables, Project Suite Variables, and Keyword Test Variables in the TestComplete help documentation.  While these are variables, you can give them a default value and, so long as you don't assign anything new to the variable, that default value will act as a constant.

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor

Doh!.... sorry, I knew I was being stupid Cat Sad Cat Very Happy

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Join TechCorner Challenge!
Want a fun and easy way to learn TestComplete? Try solving weekly TechCorner challenges and get into the Leaderboard!

Challenge Status

Get properties of a web page element

See replies!

Compare images using the Region Checkpoint

See replies!

Compare HTML table with Excel file and correct data in Excel file

Participate!

How to execute remote test and obtain results via Test Runner REST API

Participate!
Top Kudoed Authors