cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please provide a link to download Testcomplete 11.31 Trial version along with License Id

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Please provide a link to download Testcomplete 11.31 Trial version along with License Id

Hi Team,

Please provide a link to download Testcomplete 11.31 Trial version along with License Id. We are in the process of installing and testing our project application using this tool. We would go with commercial license for the same when we are able to proceed all our scenarios tested successfully with this license version.

Regards,

Ram

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello Smartbear Team,

One more general query from my side .

Is there a library available or some way with  which I can integrate the Test complete Tool with the Robot framework or python .

Thanks and regards

Ram barolia

@AlexKaras wrote:

Hi Ram,

> How can we get the contact details of the SmartBear folks directly

As it was mentioned before: "via the https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=TestComplete form".

Highlighted
Community Hero

Hi Ram,

Both TC11 and TC12 support Python scripting and can reuse third-party Python libraries. Several threads were started recently in the Web Testing and Mobile Testing sections or this forum where reuse of third-party Python libraries was discussed.

What integration with Robot do you need? TestComplete has quite sophisticated command line control and also can be controlled via COM. I expect that Robot provides the same possibilities. Does this fit your needs?

Regards,
  /Alex [Community Hero]
____
[Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes]
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
https://community.smartbear.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hall-of-fame
================================
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi ,

Here I need to integrate Testcomplete 11.31 ver with the Robot framework, I was wondering how it can be made possible ... Is there some way or library with the help of which I can fill the gap or directly I can trigger Testcomplete Tool from Robot framework.

Currently I was thinking to make use of either remote swing library or pyautoit tool inorder to integrate the same . Am I going in the right direction , or is there some other way to integrate it .

I have never used COM so far .. may be I will look into it .

Regards

Ram barolia

Highlighted
Community Hero

Generally Robot framework is a front-end for Selenium (webdriver) tests.

TestComplete also has a builtin feature to run Selenium tests.

I am missing why do you want integrate TC with Robot? What is your idea?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

We are using robot framework for our project , now since few Test cases needed Testcomplete tool , because of which we want to make few test cases with Testcomplete and integrate it Robot framework. 

Our other cases is already integrated with Robot framework , the one with the Testcomplete need to get integrated with the Robot framework for our project to complete .

That is the reason I was asking , whether there is any library or method with which I can integrate Testcomplete with Robot framework.

Regards

Ram barolia

Highlighted
Community Hero

Not sure if it's possible like you want. 

You need a tool to launch Robot and TC tests separately. Something like Jenkins.

Highlighted
Community Hero

Hi,

Unless I am missing something...

It is possible to start either complete test project, or some keyword test or some given script routine with the help of TestComplete's command line (https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/automating/command-line-and-exit-codes/...). In case you need to execute some Test Item(s) from the project, you may use ATR script (https://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/54655/).

So, the possible approach may be to start TestComplete via command line from your Robot tests, wait until TestComplete ends and continue with Robot.

Does this help?

Regards,
  /Alex [Community Hero]
____
[Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes]
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
https://community.smartbear.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hall-of-fame
================================
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Join TechCorner Challenge!
Want a fun and easy way to learn TestComplete? Try solving weekly TechCorner challenges and get into the Leaderboard!

Challenge Status

Get properties of a web page element

See replies!

Compare images using the Region Checkpoint

See replies!

Compare HTML table with Excel file and correct data in Excel file

Participate!

How to execute remote test and obtain results via Test Runner REST API

Participate!
Top Kudoed Authors