Forum Discussion

JT
New Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Please confirm that Test complete continue support vb script also or only will support java script?

tristaanogre
    7 years ago

As noted, you won't have to.  VBScript will continue to be supported by TestComplete.  But, as HKosova notes, that language is in "maintenance" by Microsoft so is no longer being updated.  If you want to stay on the bleeding edge of scripting languages, definitely make the effort to convert to Python or JavaScript... but it's not necessary.

AlexKaras
    7 years ago

Hi,

> Uggghh I really don't fancy converting test scripts over to another language at any point.

One of the possible best practices to make this process more easy is not to use language-specific constructions. There is really almost no reason to use things like prototypes or internal class functions in JScript for functional tests.

And use functions provided by TestComplete whenever possible instead of functions that are native to this or that scripting language. For example use aqString.GetLength(myString) instead of myString.length().

AlexKaras
    7 years ago

> I'd personally recommend JavaScript or Python for new test projects

My preference is DelphiScript. Because of several reasons. Alas, it looks like it is also in the maintenance mode...:(