Forum Discussion

longchasen
Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Parameter Default File location

i created a extension which set a data in text box and combo box, the data is on an excel file and it need to browse thru the parameter as file type. For some reason it need to open File dialog to point on certain folder preferably can be setup in a project, i dont want to set it up thru OS as it might affect other things outside of test complete. Is this possible? 

• As far as I know, there's no way of declaring the default file path for that option in Keyword testing.  It's just generally picking the current file path, as far as I know.

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

I'm not sure I understand what you're having this extension do.  It sounds like you're having the extension take data from an excel file and use it for populating data on screen.  And it sounds like you want to have the extension get the excel file path and file name, not from a dialog prompt, but internally in code.  Is that correct?

Do you ahve code you can share so we can see what you're trying to do?

longchasen
      Contributor

I apologize for not making it clear. It's not the extension itself but rather the default path file path when using File type parameter. here's a screenshot:

As you can see it open the file dialog in Desktop, in our project we need it to open in a certain path preferably something that can setup on project. 

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

As far as I know, there's no way of declaring the default file path for that option in Keyword testing.  It's just generally picking the current file path, as far as I know.